I am trying to sew in hour blocks daily – It’s the only way sometimes for me to get everything accomplished and still get in some sewing therapy!

Alterations:

This pattern has a fair amount of pattern pieces; so cutting, altering and marking took a while. I ended up lengthening the bodice front 1″ (I had to add in my own “lengthen” lines – using the pattern notches & circles as reference so the were in approximately the same place on each pattern piece); as well I added 1″ just above the waist front and back and 3″ to the length. There were separate pattern pieces for the lining which needed the same changes.

Construction notes:

I marked everything with tailor tacks but marked darts with tracing paper.

The pattern calls for the interfacing to be applied after the front darts are sewn – so the interfacing acts as a stay:image

I used wonderful interfacing from Fashion Sewing Supply – I highly recommend any interfacing Pam carries!

image

On a side note, I am loving my iPad!! I took the post pictures with it, then I can directly post without having to dump and upload pics, so great!!

Advertisements