Just before I made three easy knit tops (2 Cool Cowl Tanks and the Ivy knit top) I had 3 epic fails. One was a McCalls dress, where I cut out the pattern wrong as I was distracted with a work issue; the fabric hopefully is salvageable. I remade the dress in a silk jersey but it is unwearable. Bad fabric choice; clingy and static in all the wrong places and a beautiful sherbet orange that completely washes me out. Before that I used a great faux Missoni knit to make a Burda cardigan, the fabric was twisted & the whole thing was too small. Luckily I had enough fabric left to make McCalls 6708, which turned out great – I’ll post pics when I get some; here is the pattern:
So with the fails under my belt, I wanted something super easy and flattering; so I wanted to try a cowl tank. I needed a white t-shirt – I made a quick muslin in some b&w rayon knit and moved onto the white fabric. It’s from my stash, not sure how long it’s been there; but it’s also a rayon knit with a crepe texture.
This is my first foray into In-House Patterns, who drafts specifically for a D-cup bust. Here’s the pattern from the website (it’s a PDF pattern)
This is a super pattern! I tried it out as printed in a large. Once I made the muslin, the only changes I made was to widen the armhole bindings as the ones drafted were a little narrow and fiddly. I also took the pattern in about 1/4″ under the arms to bring it closer to my body. The arms and hem are bound with a band; this is about a half hour job start to finish once you have the fit tweaked. I didn’t lengthen it either, and it is a perfect length on me. It does have a very low neckline though, so be warned! I would recommend a muslin, mine is perfectly wearable. Here is the back, which I think fits great:
I know there have been some discussions of the pros and cons of PDF patterns, but you certainly can’t beat them for instant gratification!