This is a project I finished earlier in March, before I began the long sewing odyssey of sewing my Trench Coat (finished today – yay) it is the Style Arc Marie Jacket.  It’s a waterfall-type jacket with an asymmetrical drape closure which forms a cowl neckline.  Great lines! It ended up a bit longer than expected; and the wavy zip is annoying…looks good open though…

The fabric is a mystery rib knit in a ponte weight from Fabricland. This is a 14 – I have since ordered 3 more Style Arc patterns and have gone down a size.  I will make this again, but shorten the jacket.   The style Arc patterns seem to be drafted long.



I can’t tell you of just how sick and tired I am of the cold weather.  I feel that everything I own is black and dreary…I’m looking forward to making some clothes in spring colours.   With the Trench done (I left off the ruffle, just because I didn’t have enough extra fabric for it & it would have been fiddly drafting it as well) I can get on to some easy peasy sewing.  The trench took 3 weeks to sew, and about 36 sewing hours.   Hopefully I can post some photos tomorrow!