You will not realize what a miracle this top is. The fabric has been in my stash for probably a decade, the lining is pieced within an inch of it’s life, but the REAL miracle is I made something from a recent Burda – I cut it out while the issue was on the newsstand!! Woot Woot!

I did make a muslin and it still turned out a tad large in the end. I have lost a small amount of weight lately but not enought to account for it turning out larger than the muslin. It’s made from a fine summer weight wool and lined to the waist in a silk charmeuse remnant. (I added the lining) I also added an exposed zipper to the back. Hopefully the expiry of the peplum trend and the exposed zipper trend will coincide!

As always, Burdas are drafted superbly. I also think the lowered back waistine is causing some of the back wrinkles. My favourite part is the sleeves (I lengthened them a bit) which are set into the top of the sleeve, with the underarm finished with self bias. I extended the self bias so it would finish the underarm as well as bind the seam allowance.

I love the H&M necklace with it!

I have also completed the white t-shirt and have the jeggings cut out (which are a frankenpattern)

Other than that I’ve been doing SFO (Sewing For Others): altering pants, repairing skateboard son’s clothing and working my part time job (real estate agent!) which has left little time for blogging!

Advertisements