V8721

I finished this project a couple of weeks ago; it was the last of my summer sewing projects.  This is an easy jacket to make, it’s pretty roomy, I probably could have gone down a size.  It’s unstructured with angled, bias cut pieces at the bottom and is partially lined.

My only complaint is that the sleeves are a bit wider than I’d like. I did lengthen the jacket and sleeves, again, with a muslin I probably would have left the length alone for a more cropped look.

The fabric is a washed linen from Fabricland.  The hand was soft and drapey, and it’s about a medium weight. (you may be able to find it on sale now for $4/m) and has a great texture and saturated colour.  The lining is a pucci-esque fabric from my stash.

As there is minimal tailoring involved, this is a quick and easy jacket.  I would recommend making a fast muslin of the top of the jacket & sleeves to check the fit if I were you….

Anyway, even if the fit is not exactly as it was planned to be in my head, the colour is great pairing with many of my wardrobe items.

Next post will be my first fall sewing project (the peplum top from August Burda Style!!) and my Fall wardrobe sewing plan!!

Advertisements