After finishing my Christmas gifts which included the infinity scarfs, and 3 variations of the Jalie pleated cardigan:
I made a third one for my mom, but didn’t upload a pic. It’s rather like my ‘spice’ coloured one but in blue & purple tones.
Now onto some capsule sewing for me. I was thinking of 4-5 co-ordinates for work, then adding some casual pieces later, based on a grey/black/cream/red colourway. Oh, I’d also like a top to wear under my spice coloured jalie – maybe I can see if I can work that into the mix. So far my ambitions list (which ALWAYS exceeds my ability & time) is:
- Black striped dress pants – OOP Hotpatterns pattern “Plain and Simple Bootcut Pants”, much altered
- Black leggings with ruching – Vogue 1214 by Alice and Olivia
- Jalie t-shirt for layering, maybe 2. Maybe some hemline embellishment – I have some net with sequins
- Red Tunic Vogue 8582 by Marcy Tilton
- Twin set Vogue 8559 by Marcy Tilton
- Burda striped tunic – Done!
to be added later:
- Red plaid tunic – either a pintuck front type with a collar band from Burda or slim long-shirt like Vogue 2972 by Alice & Olivia
- Slim jeans, not as skinny as before from Jalie
- second pair of leggings with some contrast panels of snakeskin print
- another Vogue 2980 Sandra Betzina top with faux bolero – it’s just so cute and easy. I need a white one.
Here are the main contenders for the fabrics, there are a couple of red co-ordinates (not shown)
Shown above from top to bottom are: deep charcoal rayon knit with a wide white stripe of tie-dye across it; a puckered novelty knit in cream, stretch mesh with matte sequins in black with a blue cast
Shown above, top to bottom: Rayon Poly lycra with pinstripes, black rayon knit and knit with printed skin overlay. Below is the brushed plaid.
I also have some cherry red rayon knit, some lipstick red ponte knit and a red, burnt orange and black striped mystery knit that may make the cut.
What’s in your machines this week??