Holy Moly – I have actually traced, sewn and finished an actual project from the current month’s Burda!! I finished Jacket 132 from the plus sized section; (finished photos to come later) but here is a sneak peek:

First the jacket:

burda jacket 1

Then the fabric – it’s a woolish feeling ponte in a rust orange; from my stash. In this photo you can see some of the ribbon trim has been sewn on – I bought the ribbon at Mokuba and found a perfect match. The two zippers had a fight and the python won (natch):

burda jacket 2

The finished jacket went together superbly except I put an exposed zipper on. Loads of topstitching – I topstitched ever seam with a triple zig zag, and the ribbon trim was all stitched in place with a regular zig zag. I will try and post pics in the next couple of days!

About these ads